Our reason for being:
- We encourage and support women as they fill their various roles, minister to those in the church
- We offer opportunities for spiritual and relational growth.
- We encourage women to be clothed with strength and dignity as our key pillar (Proverbs 31:25)
- We cater for the needs of JIWAM women and strive to help the women settle and be integrated in church to ensure no one is left out.
- We encourage women to live daily by the word of God in our capacity as wives, mothers, mentors, sisters, daughters, and all other roles we play.
- We encourage women to participate in the activities of the church by utilizing the gifts and talents that God has given us.
- We encourage our women to understand their roles at home, in the church and in the society. We are committed to raising virtuous women (Proverbs 31 vs 10-31). We also support our women to discover, develop and deploy their gifts & talents.
Women have ministered in the Church since its beginning. Perhaps this involvement reflects the nature of women to readily sense others’ needs. Nurturing and compassion as intuitive parts of women make this ministry productive.
We believe all women are important in God’s eyes and are vital in His kingdom. We believe in unity within diversity and cooperation and caring through the inspiration and power of the Holy Spirit.
The purpose of Women’s Ministries is to glorify God by challenging women:
- To know God personally,
- To grow in Christlikeness,
- To discover and use spiritual gifts,
- To love and serve others,
- In all we do to reflect the beauty of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The mission of Women’s Ministries is GROWTH i.e. Gathering women; Resourcing opportunities; Offering acceptance; Winning women to Christ; Teaching biblical truths; Honoring the Spirit-filled life (Colossians 2:6-7 supports these statements): As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
The JIWAM Women Department usually accomplish its mission through the following ways:
- Spiritual growth: We encourage women to a lifestyle of devotion and joyful obedience to Christ as Savior and Lord as they love Him, walk in the power of His Holy Spirit and are transformed by the power of His Word into His likeness.
- Fellowship: We provide opportunities for women to develop new friendships and strengthen existing ones.
- Mentoring/Discipleship: We provide opportunities to come alongside a woman to model, equip, and train through lifestyle, life experiences and scripture.
- Equipping: We present opportunities in leadership, Upper room mentoring, evangelism and the spiritual disciplines
- Membership: This is open to all ladies and women from 18 years.