“We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ.”
Jesus Inspiration World Awakening Ministries has a ministry known as Men’s Ministry and will interchangeably referred to as Men’s Fellowship. Men’s Ministry is actively in pursuit of connecting the men of the Church to the place in Christ where they are functioning in God’s perfect will, uniting the men in the spirit of love where each man recognizes that he is his brother’s keeper. The Men’s Ministry is committed to serving our God by serving our families, our church, and our community.
That the every man of JIWAM will be complete in the Lord Jesus Christ.
To provide men with the resources and tools to develop and maintain Godly character and help equip them to influence their family, church and community for Jesus Christ.
God has given JIWAM men, each gifted for the ministry. There shall be a Men’s Ministry which shall motivate men to discover their gifts, prepare them for the ministry, and provide/suggest opportunities for service as part of the church’s ministry.
All activities shall be based on the dual objectives of winning men to Christ and also developing active participation of men in the church. JIWAM Men’s Fellowship shall be made up of men at all levels, united by the following Statement of Purpose:
Statement of Purpose
- To support the spiritual growth, nourishment and development of all men in the church.
- To encourage and emphasize the importance of Family in the Church
- To support the work of the church with all the resources God has blessed the men with.
- To identify with the mission and the vision of the JIWAM
- To live a life of holiness
- To bring men into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- To unite men in Bible study, prayer, ministry, fellowship, and accountability
- To be fueled by prayer and believe that God responds to our prayers, so we pray for situations that needs God’s response
- To challenge and teach men the Biblical manhood principles
- To inspire, teach, and equip men to become involved in lifestyle evangelism
- To create opportunities to serve by challenging, training and involving men in their gifted ministries under the leadership of the Pastor
- To organize and prepare men to reach out to communities in times of crisis, disaster or need.
There are four goals of JIWAM Men’s Ministry:
- Spiritual: personal Christian growth
- Service: church and community projects
- Social – fellowship
- Soul-winning: fellowship and evangelism
Men aren’t designed to do life on own–living without accountability, encouragement, discipline and perseverance. At JIWAM, men will be trained and equipped to be spiritual leaders in their homes, in the church and the workplace. We are working hard to equip the church with tools and resources that will make church a great place for husbands, future husbands, fathers, brothers, sons and friends. We strive to achieve spiritual growth by connecting men through:
- Fellowship Meetings
- Special events/conferences
- Bible studies
- Service opportunities
Men’s Spiritual Commitments
As Christian men and spiritual heads of our households, we are to:
- Honor Jesus Christ through prayer, worship and obedience to His Word, through the power of the Holy Spirit;
- Practice spiritual, moral, ethical and sexual purity;
- Build strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values;
- Support the mission of our local church, by honoring and praying for our pastor and by actively giving our time and resources;
- Reach beyond any racial and denominational barriers to demonstrate the power of biblical unity;
- Influence our world, being obedient to the Great Commandment (Mark 12:30-31) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20)
How can we keep these commitments?
- Totally surrender our lives to Christ as our Savior and Master.
- Develop a servant attitude, modeled after that of Jesus.
- Be a reader, knower and doer of the Word.
- Pursue vital, trusting relationships with other Christian men, understanding that we need brothers to help us keep our Christian commitments.
- Participate in church conferences, special events and training.