As pertains to this commission the following policies will be maintained.
- We join a Holy matrimony. Holiness and purity are paramount to the individuals wedding. Hebrews 13:4.
- The intended couple should willingly and voluntarily enter into marriage covenant without being coarsed.
- The two should undergo substantive premarital teachings in different dimensions
- They should be mature enough in all aspects of growth – physically, mentally, emotionally and spirituality. Marriage isn’t for babies.
- Their both parents must have built consensus and willingly agree to let their son and daughter be joined together.
- All legal issues should be satisfactorily settled.
- The bridal team should consist of born again believers.
- Modesty dressing code should be highly adhered to.
- As unto Church and Christ ,the bride shall enter the altar first to await for the bridegroom (Rev.21:2b)
- Since marriage is a covenant…..Malach2:14 the two exchange marriage covenant statements not vows
- A family Altar is built by servants of God through prayer
- The newly wedded take the first meal between them in our case Holy Communion
- Sharing of their first meal with the witnesses (in this case a cake)
- There is exchange of marriage rings which is as a token of a reminder to each other to the covenant they have entered into.
- Signing of marriage certificate in triplicates.