The Hospitality & Relationship Department is an arm of the church responsible for providing first time worshipers to the church warm reception and create a positive impression of the church in their heart –something that would make them want to be part of the World Awakening Church family.
First Time Worshippers refers to those attending our Church Service for the first time or the first time after a long time. The Hospitality & Relationship Department also handles the management of New Converts. Providing follow up and ensuring that they are firmly established in the faith.
The Hospitality & Relationship Department of WAC is a ministry of service and The Vision of this Department is based on service to others and is found in Hebrews 13:2 (NIV) “Show Hospitality to Strangers”and Acts 15:36“Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they are doing.”
Based on this, the Vision of The Hospitality & Relationship Department is to:
“Provide a memorable welcome to our first time worshipers to encourage them to join the Church while supporting ‘New Converts’ to ensure they are established in the Faith”
The Hospitality & Relationship Department Members are like the ‘Welcome and Follow-Up” section of the Church. The summary of the purpose of the Department are as follows:
- Welcoming First Time Worshipers (At Church)
- Follow-up First Time Worshipers to ensure they identify and participate in House Fellowship (URF).
- Coordinating the Follow Up for ‘New Converts’ through outreach department
The Hospitality & Relationship Department has core values which every member should demonstrate. Every Hospitality & Relationship Member should be:
- SPIRITUAL: Since we understand that the physical is controlled by the spiritual, the Welcome & Hospitality Department takes our spiritual lives especially prayers and studying of the word very seriously. John 6:63 (NKJV) “It is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh profits nothing”:
- POLITE AND CHEERFUL: as we will be interacting with people from different backgrounds the Welcome & Hospitality Members will always maintain a polite and cheerful countenance with all.
- ORGANIZED: as a department that is to organize the welcome of first time worshippers and the follow up of new converts, it is expected that every member has a high level of organization shown in their individual lives as well.
- EXCELLENT: Our Hospitality & Relationship Department Members are committed to efficiency and excellence, always looking for ways to improve – because our God is a God of Excellence.
- PATIENT: Our Hospitality & Relationship Department Members are committed to exhibiting patience at all times having in mind that a lot of people come with different burdens. (Gal 5:22-23)
- MODEST: It is important that members display an attitude of humility that seeks to please God rather than man or self. Members should be characterized by restraint and self- control and dignity in dress, speech and actions. (I Timothy 2:8-10, 1 Peter 3:1-4, 1 Peter 5:5-6)
Welcoming First Time Worshipers (At Church)
The tasks involved in this include:
- Receive and welcome first time worshippers on behalf of the Pastorate.
- Obtain their contact details
- Communicate the Church Vision to them.
- Communicate the church programs and activities (Time for church services)
- Offer them light snacks and drinks.
- Pray with them and lead them to Christ as directed by the Spirit.
- Inform them about the different House-Fellowship Centres (URFs) and help them locate the one closest to where they live.
- Listen to their comments and address their questions/concerns.
- Discuss any other matter that may be of benefit to new comers or to the Church.
- Ensure that the first time worshipers are later welcomed through church email and a follow-up phone call.