The couple’s ministry was started in the year 2015. The main objective was to establish a fellowship that would meet the needs of married couples and also to create a forum for socializing. The number of couples has grown from six to more than twenty couples over a period of two years.
The goal of the married couples department is to strengthen marriages through biblical principles, increase our understanding of husband and wife roles in God’s order and understand the role of the family in the church.
The ministry seeks to meet the concerns of both partners while strengthening and stabilizing marriages; Enabling couples to go the distance to fulfill God’s purposes for their lives.
The vision of the ministry is to build Christ centered families, Spiritual couple.
The MISSION is to facilitate the growth in Christian maturity of couples and to strengthen and encourage one another in the application of biblical principles in family life hence influencing successive generations for Godly living.
The vision and Mission are derived from the verse of Joshua 24;15, “And if it seems evil for you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
- Growth in spiritual life of couples.
- Nurturing strong families through facilitated mentorship programs and interactive marriage enrichment conferences.
- Relationship building and accountability initiatives.
- Holistic transformation of members and growth of the ministry.
- To be committed to change the current thinking about marriage and to make it attractive to those who are yet in it.
- To seek opportunities to publicly commend one another and to be publicly and privately positive about our spouses.
- To take time, energy and other requisite resources to celebrate with those who have succeeded.
- To uphold integrity, unity, honesty and forthrightness in our dealings with each other and other bodies of the church without compromising on our beliefs and value system as a commission.
- To seek to uphold the growth of each member, each couple and the commission as a whole.
- Marriage is God’s idea and he has a purpose and plan for each marriage. He calls us to become one and model the relation between Jesus and the church. Our marriages can actually be a tool that God can use to win men, women, boys and girls to Christ.
- Whether newlyweds or seasoned in years in marriage, we all need to learn more about what God has to say to us regarding marriage. We all need fellowship, support and encouragement in our marriages. As a ministry therefore we strive to provide couples with the opportunity to learn, grow and fellowship with other couples. We achieve this through seasoned teachings in couple’s conferences and one on one interaction.